In early 1940's, there were only two colleges-Government Intermediate college and St. Joseph's college, in the entire city of Bangalore, to cater to the needs of students desirous of pursuing science education. Admission to Government College, was difficult because of less student intake and admission to St. Joseph's college was thought of being beyond the reach of many. Sighting the hardship of the general public and students, a group of visionaries came together and mooted the idea of starting a new educational institution, to provide opportunity for deserving students to pursue science education. The group included Rao Bahadur Prof B. Venkateshachar, Prof V.T. Srinivasan, Sri K. Lakshminarayana Rao, Sri K. Srinivasa Rao, Sri.C.R. Narayana Rao and others. With the mission of providing excellent education, BHS managing committee was constituted in the year 1944. The time to time contributions of several other prominent educationists such as Sri K.N.Guruswamy, Sri Rao Bahadur Dharma Prakasha L.S. Venkoji Rao, Sri H.Ramaswamy and Col. G.S.Subba Rao can never be forgotten.